The Atlus Youtube channel uploaded a video yesterday that revealed the controller skin that will come with the standard edition of Persona 5. The artwork of the controller features the Phantom Thieves and the video shows PR Manager John Harding and Erika Harlacher (voice actor for Ann Takamaki) putting the skin on the controller. There is also the Steelboook Edition and the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition, which are both detailed below.
SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($59.99)
Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($89.99)
Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member-and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Are you excited for Persona 5? I saw some people unhappy with the fact that this skin only comes with the standard edition, but I personally think it’s a nice gesture for those who maybe can’t afford the Premium Edition, or don’t manage to grab the Steelbook Edition. Let me know your thoughts in the comments, or tweet me @bulletin_ben.