Mech Land Assault is the second expansion for the Air, Land, and Sea Expansion Pass. Mech Land Assault takes Rico Rodriguez to the island of Lacrima, home of eDen. EDen is an abandoned research base and a high security prison camp run by the mysterious “Black Hand.” Some of the features this new expansion will include are:
- Pilot two types of powerful mechs and drive them anywhere in Medici.
- Prove your skills and earn upgrades in mech arena challenges
- Call in Rebel Mech for extra firepower when things get tough
- Wield a new energy weapon called Bavarium Power Core Rifle. Rico will actually need this new rifle to disable the shields of the mechs to hijack them.
- Unleash the mechs Gravitational Remote Influence Projector, or “GRIPS” for short, to attract and hurl objects at your enemies.
- Jump and smash helicopters from the sky or ground pound tanks with your “GRIPS” force attacks.
Tobias Andersson, Senior producer at Avalanche Studios, explained
“The Bavarium Wingsuit from the Sky Fortress DLC fundamentally changed how Rico could traverse Medici. This time we wanted to shake up how Rico interacts with his environment in a similar way. The new Mechs allow Rico to throw enemies, vehicles, and chaos objects around like tennis balls, increasing the scope for physics based fun. Whether you’re juggling small cars or punching helicopters out of the sky, the Mechs gives you the opportunity to mess with your surroundings in creative, explosive ways.
For people that are Expansion Pass Holders they will be able to get the Mech Land Assault expansion on June 3. For those you do not have the Expansion Pass they will be able to pick up the Mech Land Assault Expansion on June 10. The Mech Land Assault Pack will be £9.49/€11.99/$11.99, where the Air, Land, and Sea Expansion Pass is currently available for £19.99/€24.99/$24.99. The final expansion pack to Just Cause, Bavarium Sea Heist, will be released by the end of summer 2016.
How are you guys liking the DLC for Just Cause 3? How excited are you for giant Mechs in Just Cause 3? Let us know in the comments below!