Ladies and gentlemen, sharpen your knives and polish your scopes because Hitman is back. Get ready to rock out in Bangkok…out. Episode 4 sees Agent 47 travelling to Thailand and checking into the Himmapan luxury hotel. It’s not all room service and steam rooms for our bald headed protagonist, this is all business. Beautiful, bloody, business.
Jordan Cross is the lead vocalist and Bassist of world famous rock band The Class. He’s also Agent 47’s newest target putting him up to his neck in trouble and probably toilet water. Currently locked away in the hotel on a press tour after recording their EP and a video, things are about to turn up to 11 for The Class.
Here’s what you can expect in Episode 4.
Episode Four: Bangkok Release Notes
- New Destination: Bangkok
- New Story mission: Club 27
- 8 new Opportunities for “Club 27”
- 20 levels of Bangkok Mastery, with the following unlocks:
- 8 new Bangkok Starting Locations
- 9 new Bangkok Agency Pickup Locations
- 6 new weapon/gear unlocks
- New suit for Bangkok: Casual Suit
- 65+ Bangkok-specific challenges
- 7 new trophies/achievements
- New ‘The Sarajevo Six’ Contract. Target 4: The Veteran. (PlayStation 4 Exclusive)
- Live Content for Bangkok will include: New Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets and New Featured Contracts (Contracts Mode).
Not only are you getting all that new stuff in the latest episode but there is also a long list of fixes and improvements. It’s really long. Too long really but I’d be doing a disservice if I didn’t supply it.
- You can now search for player created contracts via the contract lookup feature. Each new player created contract will feature a new contract ID. Anyone on the same platform (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC) can use that ID to pull-up and play the contract in question.
- You will receive a notification message if the contract utilises episode content that you do not own.
- Access to the contract tutorial has been moved to the “Create Contract” page to make way for Contract Lookup
Detailed Weapon View.
- We’ve had plenty of people wanting to see more information about each weapon available to Agent 47 before he embarks upon any of his death-dealing excursions. We’re happy to say that we now provide additional information about each of these items prior to stepping across the globe into one of HITMAN’s destinations.
Pop-Up Message Improvements
Pop-Up messages within HITMAN have received an overhaul. They’re now much more consistent in the terms of information provided, as well as their overall structure.
- Loading screen indicators have been updated to behave in a much more consistent manner.
- Story and Mastery pages now highlight your most recently unlocked section by default.
- More loading screen tips have been added to the game.
- A patch notes tile has been added to the top left section of HITMAN’s featured menu. Selecting this tile will open the game’s latest patch notes in your web browser.
- The Square Enix Membership tile is now removed once you have linked HITMAN to your Square Enix Membership account.
- It is now possible to navigate any tiles that scroll in the featured menu, using left and right triggers/mouse wheel.
- Challenges from challenge packs are now grouped together.
- Elusive Target challenge images have received minor visual updates.
- Checkmark and forward/back UI menu elements have had colour/transparency consistency improvements
- Should you experience a disconnect while in an in-game menu, you will now be provided with the opportunity to reconnect before leaving the session.
- Stability improvements have been made to launching contract missions.
- General performance optimisations have taken place.
- Additional stability improvements have been made to backend servers.
- “Not in the Guidebook” achievement can now be earned when opportunity notifications are turned off.
- End of mission scores now correctly reflect any non-target kill penalties incurred.
- Some rare occurrences of NPCs choosing to stop in a single location, rather than continuing to walk along their way, have been fixed.
- A bug that sometimes prevented players from saving their created contract has been fixed.
- Various localisation improvements have been made to Achievements and Trophies.
- Paris – Fixed an issue where Sato does not react after save/load.
- Sapienza – Fixed an issue where NPCs could be trapped inside stairs if subdued.
- Fixed a clipping issue that occurred when subduing enemies from cover.
- Fixed a rare occurrence wherein which an NPC would ignore a thrown prop.
Hitman Episode 4: Bangkok is released worldwide on August 16th for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Are you looking forward to playing the new episode? Let us know in the comments.