This year Microsoft delivered another great E3 press conference showing off new hardware and the biggest games that will be coming out this year and next year. Here is a recap of everything that Microsoft had shown off at E3 2016.
- Xbox One S was confirmed and launches in April for $300.
- Xbox One S E3 2016 Reveal Trailer
- Microsoft announced Project Scorpio
- Project Scorpio E3 2016 Trailer
- Microsofts new console codenamed “Project Scorpio” will release Holiday 2017.
Project Scorpio is Microsofts new console that is said to deliver the ability for 4k gaming with six teraflops of performance.
- Microsoft announced a new program called Xbox Play Anywhere. Xbox Play Anywhere will allow you to play your Xbox One games for free on PC. Your saves and your achievements all will transfer over as well.
- General RAAM from Gears Of War will be joining Killer Instinct.
- Microsoft launches a new way to design your own custom controllers called “Xbox Design Lab.”
Clubs is one of the three new features coming to Xbox Live. Clubs allows players to create communities and meet other players that love to do the same things you do.
- Looking For Group
Looking For Group is a new feature that allows player to find other players with the same goals in mind. Whether that be building something crazy in Minecraft or trying to take down a difficult boss. Looking For Group will make things easier.
Lastly there is Arena. Arena is a new tournament feature for Xbox Live. Arena will allow players to easily discover, register, and compete in various competitive tournaments.
Gears Of War 4
- Gears Of War 4 E3 2016 Stage Demo
- Microsoft announced Horde Mode 3.0 coming to Gears Of War 4.
- Gears Of War 4 will be getting a special edition Xbox One Elite Pro Controller. The controller is available now for pre-orders.
- Recore E3 2016 Trailer
- Recore will be coming to Xbox One and PC in September.
Final Fantasy XV
Square Enix shows Final Fantasy XV on the Xbox One with a massive boss fight.
- Scalebound E3 2016 Co-op Gameplay Stage Demo
- Scalebound will feature 4 player co-op and massive boss fights.
Forza Horizon 3
- Forza Horizon 3 will feature cross play with PC and 4 player instant campaign co-op so you can easily jump in and race alongside friends.
- Forza Horizon 3 E3 2016 Stage Demo
- Forza Horizon 3 will release on September 27th for Xbox One and PC.
Halo Wars 2
- Halo Wars 2 E3 2016 Multiplayer Beta Trailer
- Halo Wars 2 Beta is now available for download.
- Halo Wars 2 launches on February 21, 2017.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
- The card game Gwent, from the Witcher 3, is getting it’s own standalone game for Xbox One and PC.
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game E3 2016 Trailer
Sea Of Thieves
- Sea Of Thieves E3 2016 Stage Demo
- Sea Of Thieves will be one of the first games to utilize the Xbox Play Anywhere feature.
Dead Rising 4
- Dead Rising 4 E3 2016 Trailer
- Dead Rising 4 will launch Holiday 2016.
- Microsoft has announced Minecraft Realms which is an Xbox-Live powered version of Minecraft. Minecraft Realms will allow cross play between IOS, Android, PC, and Gear VR.
- Also announced was the ability to host your own Minecraft worlds for your friends to join. This allows players to join and build on your server without you being online.
- Minecraft Realms is out now and is available for IOS, Android, PC, and Gear VR.
State Of Decay 2
- Limbo Dev’s announce a new puzzle game called “Inside.”
- Inside E3 2016 Trailer
- Inside will release on Xbox One June 29 and on PC July 7.
- The Division’s new expansion “Underground” will launch first on Xbox One and PC June 28.
- Tekken 7 E3 2016 Trailer
- Tekken 7 will be available for Xbox One and PC early 2017.
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is available for free for Xbox Gold Members.
We Happy Few
There was a lot that Microsoft had shown off during it’s E3 2016 press conference. From hardware to games there is a lot to look forward to this year and next year.
What was your favorite part of Microsofts E3 2016 press conference? Who did you think “won” E3 this year? Let us know in the comments below!