Team 17 have today revealed the release date for the sequel to the much loved prison escape game. The Escapists 2 is set to release for Xbox One, PS4 and PC on 22nd August. The game is currently available to pre-order from select retailers, with digital pre-orders opening soon. There is of course a pre-order bonus. Those of you who pre-order gain access to an extra prison; The Glorious Regime.
“In this pulse-pounding penitentiary, players will experience the thrill of escaping a hidden compound deep in the jungle. You’ll need determination and drive to avoid the unquestioningly devoted guards, constant surveillance, and the Illustrious Leader himself, in your bid for freedom”
In terms of gameplay not much has changed in The Escapists 2. You craft items, carry out favours for other prisoners and just generally live a life in prison. All while attempting to escape. The following are features of The Escapists 2;
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players**
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
Are you looking forward to The Escapists 2? I personally loved the original game, and am looking forward to seeing what this sequel brings! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or tweet me @bulletin_ben!