In a panel yesterday at Star Wars Celebration we learned what will come in the Deluxe Edition of Star Wars Battlefront II. The Deluxe Edition will include:
- Access to play Star Wars Battlefront II on November 14–a 3-day head start
- Upgraded versions of all 4 trooper classes (Officer, Assault, Heavy, and Specialist)
- Four epic ability upgrades—one for each trooper class
- Instant weapon unlocks and weapon modifications for each trooper class
- Exclusive Kylo Ren- and Rey-themed looks, inspired by Star Wars : The Last Jedi (also in standard edition pre-order)
- Epic ability modifiers for Kylo Ren and Rey (also in standard edition pre-order)
- An epic ability modifier for the Millennium Falcon (also in standard edition pre-order)
As you can see, the last three bullet points on that list also come to those who pre-order the Standard Edition of Battlefront II. However what worries me on the list above is all of the seemingly game changing bonuses for buying the Deluxe Edition; upgraded versions of the four classes, upgraded abilities. It’s not yet known whether or not these are unlockable for those who don’t buy the Deluxe Edition, but it certainly seems that from day one there may be an unfair advantage to those who buy the Deluxe Edition.
In other news it was also revealed yesterday that while the game’s campaign story will feature a new character, you will also get the chance to play from other perspectives such as Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren.
Are you still interested in Battlefront II? Or has this Deluxe Edition situation put you off of buying the game? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or tweet me @bulletin_ben!