Candy Crush creator King, now run by Call Of Duty owner Activision Blizzard, has announced that it is working on a mobile game based on your ex-favourite first person shooter. There are currently no details on what the game will be about so I thought I’d come up with a few ideas as to what it might be.
- Just like Candy Crush but instead of sweets its tiny soldiers getting blown to bits by aeroplanes.
- You have to dress your avatar in the correct colour camouflage to stand the best chance of slicing your enemies throats undetected.
- A Subterfuge ripoff where battles take place in real time over the space of a week and you need to use bluffing, charm, charisma, and guile to form alliances, take strategic positions, and destroy friendships.
- Clicker game.
- Like Pokemon Go but instead of Pikachu suddenly appearing its Russian Spetsnaz and you have to splash them with a Molotov.
- Generic free to play nonsense about invading things.
- “All Ghillied Up” sniper game.
- Flappy Bomb.
If any of those games get made I’m going to sue somebody.
Here’s what they said about the project.
“Our approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. The team will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch their expertise in ways to create surprising results,” the site says.
“We’re a lean pack of developers, designers, and artists, with a shared goal and shared understanding of what we’re striving to build: a transformative and awesome Call of Duty experience on mobile that fans will want to play for years.”
So there you have it, the very successful Call Of Duty is getting a mobile game from the makers of the very successful Candy Crush. There’s a chance it’ll be very successful. What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below or hit us up on Twitter, just stay out of the DMs you deviants.