There was a major update today from Studio Wildcard on the dinosaur-survival game, Ark: Survival Evolved, for the Xbox One. The update added a new prehistoric kangaroo, which is already available on the PC version, among other changes and improvements to the game.
The Procoptodon can be used to jump over things, but that’s not all, players can ride the beast while another player sits in the pouch and shoots.
Studio Wildcard also announced today that it’s added 100-plus additional servers.
Today’s Ark Xbox One update brings the console version to content parity with the PC edition up to v231.9. This includes:
- Dino rebalancing
- The addition of a primitive cage and stone fireplace items
- Fixed Cave Loading crash/fall-thru
- Improved performance: better framerate, less stalls
- Fixed crosshair not appearing
- Fixed potential loss of character save data in local mode
- Fixed fur armor colorization
- Improved speed of server listing
- Fixed Taming Dinos losing Inventories/messed-up-Inventories upon reloading single player save game
- Fixed a memory leak that was typically causing crashes around the Volcano area
The finished version of Ark will be available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC this summer.