The early access period for the Overwatch beta is now available. People who pre-ordered the game before April 29 were able to get into the “early access” beta which started today. The open beta for the game will run from May 4-9 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Both waves of the beta will be going live in every region at the same time. Check out these reference maps below to check out when the Overwatch Beta will be available in your area.
On PC the beta will require about 6.5 GB for installation, where on console players can expect an 11GB installation. For Xbox One users you will be required to have an Xbox Live Gold Membership to play the beta, where Playstation owners will not be required to have Playstation Plus to play the beta. Playstation Plus will be needed to play the full game when it launches later this month. Also, any progress made in the beta will not carry over to the full game.
The Overwatch beta will be filled with loads of content including:
- All 21 playable characters
- Tutorial, Practice Range, and Practice vs. AI
- Quick Play, Player vs. AI, Custom Game, and Weekly Brawl Modes
- 12 Maps and 4 Multiplayer Modes
These game modes include:
- Assault: Hanamura, Temple Of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
- Escort: Dorado, Route 66, and Watchpoint Gibraltar
- Assault/Escort Hybrid: Hollywood, Kings Row, and Numbani
- Control: Llios, Lijiang Tower, and Nepal
Blizzards Overwatch is set to release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on May 24th 2016.
Will you guys be jumping into the Overwatch beta on May 4th, or have you already pre-order the game and are enjoying the beta now? Let us know in the comments below!