Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo are teaming up to bring video games to life in a series of Nintendo themed environments to 3 of their studios.
Osaka, Orlando and Hollywood will have Nintendo themed area based on some of their most famous franchises including Zelda and Mario. The areas are described as highly themed with something for everyone and will attempt to make visitor feel like they have stepped into their favourite Nintendo games. Nintendo’s Iconic plumber will be front and centre in the parks as well as giant Piranha Plants, question blocks and power-ups to help immerse fans into the world of Nintendo.
Shigeru Miyamoto seemed excited about the project giving what he felt would be Mario’s opinion:
“Since we’re really bringing the world to life, I think Mario will feel like he finally came home!”
The official Nintendo website gives an overview of the collaboration:
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
- Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favourite games – this time in real life.
- There will be something for everyone – regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
Time to start saving for those of us not lucky enough to live near one of the parks. Will you be making the trip? Let us know in the comments section below!