H1Z1: King of the Hill developer Daybreak has announced that it is dropping a big update. H1Z1 is an online competitive shooter that pits 150 players at a time against each other. Set in a large world packed to the gills with guns, ammo, and armour players stalk each other into extinction until there’s just one left. Let’s have a look at the video.
Now let’s see that in list form.
- Lag compensation has been optimized to provide more accurate player movement positioning. This system works best when the players are playing in low ping environments.
- Projectile tracking fidelity has been increased to ensure the hits are registered more quickly and consistently.
- We no longer block you from firing if you are up against and object. Previously, if your character was right up against the collision surface of an object, the system would prevent you from firing entirely. Now, the blocked reticle and gun animation have been removed and you’ll be allowed to fire – though the shot will still strike the blocking object. This is meant to alleviate the distraction of having your gun go in and out of the blocked state as you go in and out of cover.
- Line of sight checks should be more forgiving to reduce frustrating moments where it appears you should be able to shoot a target but can’t. It’s still tuned to ensure that one player should never be able to shoot at another player cannot see or shoot back at them.
- Pointblank shots in first person should be much more consistent.
- Pellet spread is now systematic, with some variance, instead of completely random.
- Increased the number of pellets.
- Decreased the damage per pellet.
- Removed normal damage fall-off over distance; as the new spread mechanic will reduce the number of pellets that land the further away your target is.
- Added a 2.7x damage multiplier for headshots, which falls off over distance.
- Skirmishes have returned with the inclusion of “Shotties & Snipers” mode.
- Three new POIs added around the Pleasant Valley area to break up the larger areas in the map. Hillside Villas, Morton Distribution and Storage, and Henninger Plaza.
- Nine new loots spots.
- Improved building interiors.
- Fog decreased.
- Outlines for lootable objects at close proximity.
- NO MORE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS.
- Red barrel spawn rate decreased 30%
- Lighter shadows.
- Vehicle skins.
- Improved inventory management.
- Simplified crafting process.
BUG FIXES & QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
- Crafting & Healing timer has been moved so it no longer obscures the crosshair.
Items from the Weekend Challenge (5/13 – 5/14) will be granted with this update.
- When using classic hit markers, the marker will turn bold for headshots
- Incoming hit sounds should more clearly distinguish headshots from body shots
- In team games, teammate chevrons have been removed to lessen the visual distraction they were providing.
- Activate free look (default: alt) to see teammate nameplates at unlimited range.
- Body armor (laminated and makeshift) now always show up on top of parkas.
- Players can now disable vehicle degradation sound effects in the useroptions.ini by editing the
- VehicleDegradationVolume=1 line.
- When you get a kill, there is a new UI element that will indicate the name and tier of the player you killed as well as any XP gained as a result.
- Icons on the Main Menu have been added to let you know when you have a new item in your character inventory or when there is a sale in the Marketplace.
- To make navigation easier, we combined the Unlocked and Locked Crates into a single view.
- Items in the Appearance menu now show how to acquire the item (Crate, Scrapyard, etc).
- Ping display in the HUD will update more often than it used to.
- The Inventory “More Info” panel will now be closed by default.
- Parachutes should no longer spin when starting a match.
- Removed collision from arrows once they’re stuck in a target to prevent them from blocking other projectiles.
- You should once again be able to use voice chat after dying using mouse buttons.
- Stun grenades will now affect players in vehicles.
- Adjusted the model of the taxi to more precisely match the police car (the collisions were already identical).
- Fixed camera issues that could occur when entering a vehicle while prone or crouched.
- Fixed the Twitch Prime offroader skin not correctly applying in-game.
- Fixed several HUD elements that were displayed incorrectly in some languages.
- Kill feed should no longer overlap the score elements in team matches.
- Region should no longer change itself after selecting one then accessing Settings.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on a skin you don’t own could cause the item you previously had highlighted to be scrapped.
- Button prompt to open/close Inventory will now update based on keybinding selection.
- Pressing escape will now cancel a change in quantity on Inventory stacks.
- Stack-splitting will no longer lose functionality if the menu is exited after changing quantity.
- The Kill Receipt occasionally does not display the name or correct tier of the player you killed.
- Playing a Skirmish immediately after playing a Solos match can cause some information to be missing on the End Screen.
- We are aware of some shots registering as body hits instead of head shots. This is not addressed in this update, but will be soon as we now know what is happening to cause this.
Are you playing H1Z1? Does this excite you? Chill out will you. Let us know your feelings in the comment section below.