FunstockRetro.co.uk have unveiled a book that showcases artwork from Atatri’s past. The book, titled “Art of Atari” features “high-quality artwork” from popular games such as Pong and Breakout. Images have been sourced from private collections from all over the world, spanning Atari’s 40 years in the gaming industry. The book contains a behind the scenes look at how the iconic games were conceived, illustrated and eventually approved. The book’s main features are:
- Huge array of different content including artwork, original packaging, history, art & design, developer / artist interviews, coin-ops, home consoles, box artwork, industrial designs, analog process, prototypes, advertising and promotion and more!
- Packed with stunning imagery and information about classic Atari titles including Pong, Breakout, Asteroids, Missile Command, Yar’s Revenge, Defender, E.T, Centipede, Combat, Indy 500, Video Olympics and many more!
- Retrospectives and interviews with key Atari staff including George Opperman, Cliff Spohn, Rick Guidice, Susan Jaekel, Steve Hendricks, Terry Hoff, Hiro Kimura, James Kelly, Warren Chang, Marc Ericksen, Evelyn Seto and more!
- Glorious breakdowns and retrospectives of each machine including the 2600, 5200, 7800, 400, 800, Lynx, Jaguar and many more!
- Stunning hardback format across 352 pages
- Forward by Ernest Cline (author of Ready Player One)
The book is available to buy from FunstockRetro.co.uk now and costs £34.99. You can see a gallery of some of the artwork below.